Monday, February 4, 2013

Quick Update

I've contacted a number of restoration shops, inquiring as to the possibility of having the entire car stripped down, media blasted, and repainted. That sort of work is not something I have the equipment or the ability to do myself, so I feel no shame in farming out the work to someone else. Only the work that I'm asking for is apparently better left to non-restoration shops... With quotes approaching $70,000, I was nearing despair...that is, until a repair shop I'd lived near for many years suddenly popped in to my mind.

After describing what I wanted done, they estimated they could get it done (and more) for less than ten thousand. They've asked me to bring the car in this week so they can give me a more accurate estimate, and so they can undoubtedly pitch some ideas at me which would double the cost. I'm thinking Friday.


The only other thing I've done so far is sealed the paint cracks using a paint stick, and replaced the missing and broken sun visor brackets. I've also begun stripping some of the upholstery so as to make painting easier. On Wednesday I'll probably go ahead and tackle the rust in the rear wheel well. The less the body shop has to deal with, the fewer man house I'll have to pay for. Besides, I should probably use these new power tools I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment