Friday, February 15, 2013

eBay Hassles

Although I have located numerous parts I need for my project, I've found that dealing with people online can be a challenge. It seems that some sellers on eBay set arbitrary restrictions on where they will ship, based on some qualifiers which exist solely in their own minds, as opposed to anything resembling reality.

That said, and before I taint anyone's views on the merits of eBay, I will say that my initial purchase, the P1800 itself, was quite a good experience, and did indeed happen on eBay. I'd have to say that the greatest find out of that experience was not the car itself, but the dedication the seller put in to ensuring the car was going to a good home, would receive proper care, and that I knew what I was getting in to. He practiced full disclosure of all issues the car might have, gave me tips for maintenance, sources for parts and supplies, and provided all documentation for the upgrades he put in to it. Furthermore, he communicated frequently, and helped me work with the shipping company and work through the issues in transferring title of the car.


Thanks Rich!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I did not see you Jan. question regarding the M47. Yes, tunnel was expanded and shift linkage port enlarged.

    ReplyDelete